Who we are
The Vitreo-Retina Society of the Philippines (VRSP) is a subspecialty society affiliated with the Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology, whose members certified by the Philippine Board of Ophthalmology, and have fulfilled the criteria of membership as set forth by the society. The VRSP is incessantly guided by the principles of courage, patience and tenacity since its formation in 1999.
Most of the members have undergone clinical fellowship training in the subspecialty of diseases and surgery of the retina and vitreous, or have contributed immensely to the advancement of the subspecialty in the Philippines
The mission of the Society is to achieve the following:
- To function as a non-profit professional society encouraging high professional standards among individuals with a common interest in the care of vitreo-retinal diseases.
- To provide a venue for professional growth, lifelong learning, expertise and skills transfer among colleagues To disseminate knowledge and prepare guidelines on the management of vitreo-retinal diseases.
- To build recognition of the expertise and knowledge base that exists within the members
- To undertake linkages with international organizations involved in vitreo-retinal diseases and surgery.
- To strengthen interpersonal interaction among members in order to gain increased understanding about the expectations and standards upheld by the Society.
- To safeguard the ethical and professional reputation of the society
Current Executive Committee 2020-2021
Marie Joan V. Loy, MD
Ricardo Tobias M. Papa, MD
Eleonore B. Iguban, MD
Jubaida R. Mangondato-Aquino, MD
Junn R. Pajarillo, MD
Darby E. Santiago, MD
Ronald E. Yutangco, MD
Sherman O. Valero, MD
Immediate Past President